you are loved

you are loved

Tuesday, June 14, 2016


My media plan is only to use the internet for school purposes, no facebook or snapchat for two whole weeks. I have e books on my phone and plan only to use my phone to read my books. I am also doing no tv as well for two whole weeks. I will listen to only church music in the car since I don’t have an Ipod.

6/1/2016- I spent 25mins reading my book on my phone during my lunch hour at work. Once I got home I read for an hour before bed. I did not turn on the tv nor did I check facebook. I only used the computer for school work and shut it down promptly when done

6/2/16- I spent 3hrs on my pad reading my book on my day off. I did have family over and we played phase 10 for several hours. I did not watch tv nor did I check facbook nor did I play any games or apps on my phone. I did get all my home work done accordingly. I spent two hours daily doing homework.

6/10/16- I am finding that I don’t miss tv or facebook but I do spend every free time reading my books on my phone or pad sometimes to the point where school work, work, and family interactions suffer or take a back seat. I have spent several hours by myself reading my book and while I do enjoy the peace and relaxation it brings I need to put some distance between me and my e books.

6/13/16- I find work enough distraction from reading my book 24/7 that and school of course. I am still keeping with no tv, facebook or otherwise media and I find I am grateful for the distance for it frees up my time to spend with family and friends. I do spent several hours between work and school reading though I find I miss it during the day when I am doing other things.

      • What did you learn throughout the course of this project?

I learned how addicted I was to tv, computer, facebook etc although I feel like I replaced that addiction with my book reading obsession. I find that simplifying your life brings the spirit in greater abundance in your life. I feel less confined, less obligated to spend hours in media usage instead I spend it with family and friends. I realize how easily you can become distracted by worldly things and only by distasting yourself from those distractions do you realize how much they took over your life

      • How would you adjust the project in the future? I wouldn’t ebooks on my phone or pad but actually go to the library and get the real book.
      • What are your goals for maintaining this provident living habit? I have printed out my plan and put in everywhere in the house and have friends and family reminded me of them each day so I will always be aware of my progress
      • How can this specific habit bless your life and the lives of your friends and family members? This plan will help me spend more time with those I love and strengthening our relations instead of me being in the same room on my phone ignoring them. I am actively participating in all family situations and that helps me be actively engaged with those around me.


No comments:

Post a Comment