you are loved

you are loved

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Money management

  1. In chapter 2, Poduska talked about family rules that regulate our perceptions and behaviors in all areas of family life, including the management of money. What are some of the specific rules stemming from your family of origin that have influenced your perceptions or philosophy about the purpose of money and how money is to be managed?
So I was raised by a single mother who told us readily that money was in short supply. My mother taught us to be frugle and only buy what you need. Although she would save up and splurge for things my siblings had to have. She taught us not to spend money on things of no worth. She taught us to put 10 percent into tithing and into savings to build up a fnancial reserve. Yes there were times mom bought us things to compensate for her working all the time but that is human nature. We never went without and lived comfortably with one income.Yes there were times I resented not having nice things and bought them with my own money when I was employed. Despite my teenage frustrations my mother taught me to respect money and to spend it wisely.

No comments:

Post a Comment