you are loved

you are loved

Friday, June 5, 2015

Loving Kindness

  1. As you think about the principle, turning toward one another, and the following verse of scripture, what thoughts come to mind? D&C 64:33 – “Wherefore, be not weary in well-doing, for ye are laying the foundation of a great work. And out of small things proceedeth that which is great.”
 When I pondered this question loving kindness kept coming to mind. Serving your spouse daily in small ways that show your love and appreciation. When I think of turning toward one another I envision a  couple focused on each other in word, in thought, in deed. They find joy in serving their spouse and getting to know them on a more personal level. I truly believe it doesn't take a lot to make your spouse feel valued and appreciated. All it takes is genuine interest in your spouse.No act of love or service goes unnoticed by the other, they see it and respond in kind.Now I am not married but I can testify of serving those you love.This week I focused on serving my siblings and my mother since I am not married. These principles apply to everyone and anyone, you don't have to be married to turn towards someone you love. Now My loved one didn't shout praises to my name for serving them but they recognized my intent was to show them love and responded in kind. I find great joy in serving others for it helps me see them as God sees them and that strengthens any relationship.
 Serve out of genuine love and interest for your spouse and see your love go stronger, affection grow sweeter, friendship longer lasting. When you put your spouse before yourself only good things will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment